Thursday, August 4, 2011

Nanoblock : Tokyo Skytree (mini)



Product Review  
          This is a very interesting model. As many of us know, Kawada had released a Toyko Skytree model last year i think. Due to popular demand, it is almost out of stock everywhere. I do not know why they have stop producing it. But then right now they are releasing this mini version of Tokyo Skytree in late Aug 2011. I am so excited about this model. I will definitely place order for this. For me, mini is better as it takes up lesser space to keep it. And just like the first version, i can have LED too. I just need to purchase an additional LED plate and build the Skytree on it. Of coz, in the model, it comes with a basic plate, so it is perfectly fine to go without the LED plate too.
          16 Oct 2011 - Just finished building this model. Phew~ No wonder it is given 5 brick difficulty rating. It is extremely difficult even for ladies who have small fingers! When i am building at the 1st level of the tower, it is difficult to fix 3 corner parts together. The tower is very weak at the beginning. A bit of force can cause it to break apart. As i build further, it gets more sturdy. Here comes the next challenge which is the twist. If you look at the model carefully, near the neck of the tower, there is a segment with stairs and there is where the twist starts. I tried to adjust it over and over. The tower spilt up so many times! Super frustrated when i am fixing that portion. I tried my best to make it looks as straight as it can and no loose parts. If this part is not done properly, you wont able to see the twist or your tower may slant to one side. Here is my Skytree...


With LED plate

No comments:

Post a Comment